Be Kit Smart with Multi-Channel Communications
Successfully Produce your multi-channel communications strategy by understanding the importance of the available channels.
Communications need to be clear and consistent across all channels for customers to understand what you stand for and how they will benefit from what you’re offering. Each communications channel must be optimised within itself, but must also align with all other channels.
Planning is imperative
With so many channels to get right, follow these six steps to plan your approach:
1. Ask your customers – they’re the ones receiving the information after all; how do they want it?
2. Plan – what are the main messages you need to communicate? Can you structure your communications into timetabled campaigns?
3. Think about what you already use – what’s working? What’s missing? What can you do more of or do better?
4. How’s your data? – it’s so important! Make it good quality
5. Take the quick wins – a basic social media presence can be set up quite quickly and then built upon
6. Use in-house and external expertise – think about the resources and skills you need and where you can get them.
The contents of your toolbox will impact campaign effectiveness
The tools you’ll need will depend upon what you decided in step six - how much you’re going to do in-house and what you’re going to outsource.
As a starting point, think about tools for:
- Data management – to keep that all-important data up to date
- Data capture – to scan and electronically capture paper-based information
- Website – design, creation and management
- Mailing production equipment – if you’re producing your own mailings
- Email software – so that you can measure the success of your email campaigns
- Franking machines – for cost and time efficiency when sending physical mail
- Output management software– to design and centralise communications and manage customer preferences and distribution.
Five Must-Knows of Mail Optimisation to Better Your Business
Automation is a helpful way to optimise business mail management, and one of the most effective ways to introduce automation is via a multi-channel approach to communications. By implementing a solution that allows your business to manage communications centrally, regardless of...
The top 5 ways mail automation improves your customer engagement
Every customer interaction presents an opportunity to make the right impression, to meet customers’ needs and to build relationships that could generate revenue for years to come. Each communication is therefore important but generating letters, mailers, emails and more is labour-...