Outgoing mail management: 8 reasons to go digital
Businesses communicate with customers through a range of channels; handling these individually can be costly and time-consuming. In this blog, we take a look at how digitisation can help.
Many businesses build up communications channels over time – they may start with print, add email and then maybe add social media. This natural progression can result in separate processes being used for different communications channels (such as print and email) and different communications types (e.g. marketing; invoicing).
Through digitisation, companies can centralise and automate aspects of their outgoing mail management, bringing together the preparation and distribution of communications into one place for consistent, convenient and efficient handling. It’s an approach that has a range of benefits – here are eight of our top ones:
- Multi-channel communications – customers interact with companies through a range of digital and physical channels. Ideally, businesses do too, communicating consistently and seamlessly across them all. Computer-based mail management can help as it enables information to be collated from various sources within the business and each communication to be issued through the right channel. This is ideal for companies that recognise the benefits of a multi-channel communications strategy and want an effective way of delivering it
- Personalisation – customers expect companies to know who they are and to engage them through personalised communications. This is easier to achieve when processes are automated as when messages are created manually, documents may have to be amended individually and reformatted for different channels
- Satisfying customer preferences – with an efficient solution for multi-channel communications, companies can give customers choice over how they wish to be contacted and issue each communication through their preferred channel for improved customer satisfaction
- Reduced errors – when separate channel processes draw on information from sources across the business, errors can creep into communications. A single communications management tool gives more control over the process for accurate, consistent messages
- Transparency – with a centralised communications tool, all stakeholders have sight of the status of customer communications
- Time savings – a centralised mail management solution can save your business lots of time when preparing and sending out communications
- Reduced costs – cost savings can come in a couple of ways: the appropriate use of email in place of posted mail can save on printing and postage costs and printed documents for the same customer can be more easily grouped to cut back on unnecessary postage
- Drive revenue growth – this is the result of all the benefits working together. Just think how customers receiving quotes more quickly through the channel they prefer may generate more business – as may customers being more satisfied with communications – and how rapidly issuing invoices can bring cash back into the business more quickly.
How to simplify complex processes with all-in-one solutions
By introducing digital ways of working, enterprises stand to gain in a number of ways, often in time, cost and efficiency. To maximise these benefits, it’s important to take an end-to-end view of business processes and implement solutions that remove bottlenecks, streamline operations and minimise manual...